The Completed

Final Fantasy I * Final Fantasy II * Final Fantasy III * Final Fantasy IV * Final Fantasy V * Final Fantasy VI * Final Fantasy VII * Final Fantasy VIII * Final Fantasy IX * Final Fantasy X * Final Fantasy XI * Final Fantasy XII

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Lunarian Ruins (Day 115)

It took awhile for me to retrieve all the sacred weapons in the Crystal Palace. Ogopogo that guards the Masamune for Edge took me up for a scare. The monster is a replica of Leviathan, but according to Wikipedia, it is of Salish myth. He does major wave damage, so you just have to cure regularly; I basically used both Rosa to do Curaja and Rydia evoking Asura to heal. I guess I was a bit under leveled still. It was not too bad though, no deaths. The next one that I had to fight was Dark Bahamut for the Ragnarok sword, which was once the Crystal Blade. He's a bit of a challenge because of his Megaflare attack, but thankfully it doesn't hit Everybody, but just a select three. I pushed back with summoning Bahamut myself and curing as much as I can. Once again, Rosa is my MVP.

After collecting all the final weapons for the fabulous five (Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia, and Edge), I remembered that I had to get Odin. I was still a bit uneasy about fighting him after my defeat from him when I was at level 40 with 2500 HP. I was still under 4000 HP for the most part so I switched Edge out for Yang, just for a bit of insurance. This time I beat him without a problem. He was able to slice me once, but all of my party members survived and Kain jumped out of the way. Acquiring Odin meant the end of the summon magic quest, and I had only one thing left to do... beat the game.



Now beating the game was no biggie, I was actually kind of anxious to get to get this game over with. I wasn't sure if Big Bang will be a problem for me. The battle was usually kind of one-sided against him, you're easily having a really easy time or it will be hell. I read somewhere that the GBA version of the game is of normal difficulty, the SNES is of easy, and the PS-One is of most difficult. Since it was going to be harder than the one of SNES I decided to bring my "A" game to the battle. I had Edge throw everything including the kitchen sink at him and Kain jump as much as he can. I used Bahamut's Megaflare and almost both Cecil and Rosa to heal. It was a pretty long fight, but I got it done. I beat the game, yeah right. I didn't know there was a Lunarian Ruins section. No wonder my beastiery list was only up to 70%, there was a whole new dungeon to face.

The Lunarian Ruins are unlocked once you beat the game. For every person (including the new party members like Edward and the Twins) that you that you beat it with, a section of the Ruins is unlocked. Theoretically, you only have to beat the game twice then, but since you cannot switch Cecil out, you have to do it three times. And now I enter another section of the game that I've never played.


  • Game Time: 30 Hrs and and 2 mins + 50mins lost time.
  • Days: 115
  • Deaths : 4

No comments: