The Completed

Final Fantasy I * Final Fantasy II * Final Fantasy III * Final Fantasy IV * Final Fantasy V * Final Fantasy VI * Final Fantasy VII * Final Fantasy VIII * Final Fantasy IX * Final Fantasy X * Final Fantasy XI * Final Fantasy XII

Monday, April 28, 2008

Hall of Tranquility (Day 241)

It's really a feat to still be playing Final Fantasy V after two months, but I do have one excuse: Final Fantasy XII. I played and was thrilled by the gambit system and killer graphics. Yes, it was a big contrast. I beat it in about 70 hours, but I know there are a lot of items left in Ivalice for me to find. But back to the task at hand.

The road to the Bonus Dungeon is long, as expected. I know now that these things are just as long as the game itself. I got in there at level 67 and was highly under-leveled for the area. After hours of leveling, I reached level 70.

The first boss, the Grand Aevis killed me three times. Turning my guys into zombies really bugged me. Finally, after getting my guys up to 9000 HP, I was able to survive long enough to beat him at level 71.
The second boss, Archeodemon, is a push-over. Casting Bahamut on him while sending guys with !Rapid Fire will quickly finish him off.

The third boss, Omega Mk.II, was actually not so bad. I was pretty well leveled, and I had two guys with !Rapid Fire and !Sword Magic. By now I have designated characters: two swordsmen, and two mages. The mages are Mimes equipped with !White, !Time, and !Summon. Dual-casting with the Quick spell is a must! Omega Mk. II is tough because he has changing barriers, but all you need is that one hit with !Rapid Fire (either Thundaga, Firaga, or Blizzaga). Eight hits of 9999 will surely kill it.

The fourth boss, Neo Shinryu, is a monster of a boss. His evasion is the highest in the game. You will barely hit him, he dodges the Meteor spell, and on some cases, he will dodge Bahamut's Megaflare. What can he do in return? Everything that Shinryu has and Almageist, a spell that does 7500+ damage to everyone; this means you better have a dragoon in the air when you are about to defeat it. How did I do it? I had four guys with over 9000 HP. I had two guys that jumped, but without any Dragon Whispers. I had the Spear of Longinus and the Holy Lance, but I ended up with using just swords. Holy Lance was useless because it actually heals Neo Shinryu. My strategy? My mages kept at it with Bahamut and occasionally Golem for defense. I used three elixirs because they ran out of MP, but in the end I got it done; at level 76. My reward, Ultima Weapon. So long dragon god. By the way, Shinryu means "true dragon" or "new dragon"... so New true dragon? Odd.

Enuo is next, the one that started it all.

No comments: