The Completed

Final Fantasy I * Final Fantasy II * Final Fantasy III * Final Fantasy IV * Final Fantasy V * Final Fantasy VI * Final Fantasy VII * Final Fantasy VIII * Final Fantasy IX * Final Fantasy X * Final Fantasy XI * Final Fantasy XII

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gau (Day 263)

It's no surprise that magic is a big part of Final Fantasy VI. One of the characters that I find fascinating is Gau. Perhaps it's because he's really one that I barely used the last two times I played, or perhaps it's just that his story isn't too enticing for me. I guess it might be a plight by the developers to show that Japanese kids are thrown out to the world a bit unprepared and needs a bit more attention. I don't know, but playing this again, I realize that he's one of the most powerful characters there are in the beginning of the game.

You don't get Gau until you go on Sabin's quest after the split up at the Lethe river. His powers is that he can LEAP into the Veldt and learn characteristics (skills and spells) from enemies that your party meets. He will learn one enemy's art that he leaped into and also the enemy that you meet in which he returns to you on. It's essentially Blue Magic from Final Fantasy V, but on a mass scale. You can learn all of the skills in Final Fantasy VI, save the bosses'.

I've been dominating the bosses with Aspiran (Gigavolt), Stray Cat (Cat Scratch), and Aquiform (Aquabreath).

More to come later on.



  • Game Time: 15 Hours and 22 Mins

No comments: