The Completed

Final Fantasy I * Final Fantasy II * Final Fantasy III * Final Fantasy IV * Final Fantasy V * Final Fantasy VI * Final Fantasy VII * Final Fantasy VIII * Final Fantasy IX * Final Fantasy X * Final Fantasy XI * Final Fantasy XII

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Boss Roundup (Day 9)

With the defeating of Shinryu I acquired the Ragnarök sword and Hero Shield. I decided do the Wind Shrine's bosses before coming back for the Omega Weapon. I would have to walk all the way down anyways.

The Windshrine or Windwhisper cove wasn't hard, but it was tedious. 40 floors will definitely drive anyone crazy. They let you save in between, so it wasn't a big deal. Lots of monsters that you've never seen before, but all push-overs. I fought Typhoon from FF6, and then I realized something. Something that was in my face all along with these dungeons: the Earth Shrine had future bosses from FF2 and 3, the Fire Shrine had bosses from FF4, the Water Shrine had bosses from FF5, and finally the Wind Shrine had bosses from FF6. So I had to fight Ultros the conniving octopus and then the Phantom Train and Death Gaze. All Pretty simple bosses. By the time I fought Death Gaze I was level 67 and that's way too high for anything here. I had a tempered up Knight, a designated healer, and my Black Mage using the Judgment Staff (does Flare). Everything else is history.

After the Wind Shrine I went back to the Hellfire Chasm (Fire Shrine) for the leftover bosses. Of course they're renamed, but I'll still remember them as Milan and Vivalis.

I am having a problem with pictures as they never appear well with blogger. I think Rockyou.com has an interesting slideshow so I decided to use that one for now. Hopefully it's not too distracting. I have completed FF1 and I will put up the rest of the documentation tomorrow. As of now I'm working on FF2, and it's hell.




No comments: