The Completed

Final Fantasy I * Final Fantasy II * Final Fantasy III * Final Fantasy IV * Final Fantasy V * Final Fantasy VI * Final Fantasy VII * Final Fantasy VIII * Final Fantasy IX * Final Fantasy X * Final Fantasy XI * Final Fantasy XII

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pandemonium (Day 30)

So the final four does turn out to be the main character, Maria, Guy, and Leon. The same four guys that you started with? Well yes! We find out that the Emperor has resurrected himself with the powers of hell, and to defeat him, you had to travel through the Jade tunnel and into Hell itself, the Pandemonium Palace. This is not without some bosses.




The King Behemoth was a push-over. I used the basic Haste + Berserk spells on my fighters and kept healing with Leon. I was hesitant to use magic on it because I feared that it will do WEAK on me, a spell that was automatic in Final Fantasy 4 when you attacked a behemoth. I think they do METEOR on you in Final Fantasy 10 if you use magic on them; what mystical beasts they truly are. It was nothing that the Excalibur couldn't cut through.



Next up there was the multi-headed dragon Tiamont. Didn't we see him in FF1? Well, yes he was. Not a bad idea to bring him back. He looks like he went on a work-out regime and yoked up a bit. Not to worry, magic works well on him as well as the old-fashioned wacks from from hard steel. I really should look up where the name Tiamont came from, it seems to go well with dragons.



Next up, Beelzebub, the lord of the flies. Odd how many references there are to Satan in these games. This one is a bit more complicated as magic does more damage than physical attacks. I started using my Fire spells along with Ultima, Flare, and Holy. My party wasn't meant to be mages, so it took a bunch of ethers to complete this battle.




Lastly there is Astaroth, a prince in Hell. Well, not according to FF2, he's a lady in this one. Quite a change of appearances between her and the Astaroth in the Soul Calibur series. He does have the wings, and besides that there wasn't much to it. By the time I met him/her I had the Masamune and it was enough to fix her good; even without enfeeblement boosts. Nice outfit, hotshot.




But who has the greatest outfit? Of course the Emperor himself. Sure he looks like a amazon shaman from San Francisco, but hey, he's the emperor. He can do anything he wants. I played around with using two swords: Excalibur and Masamune with the hero, but it really didn't do much of a difference. I stuck with the Masamune and a shield for him. It really didn't matter because the person that did the most damage was Guy, with his Rune Axe. Somehow with Haste, Aura, and Berserk, he was able to do 3000 damage per hit. Quite substantial since the Emperor only has 15,000 HP. Leon was on stand-by again. It was a much more easier boss than Final Fantasy I. Yet I'm not done yet, FF2: Soul of Rebirth begins now. Another 20 hours of pain and leveling? Maybe just leveling.
  • Game Time: 25 hrs and 45 mins
  • Days: 30 of 80

No comments: