The Completed

Final Fantasy I * Final Fantasy II * Final Fantasy III * Final Fantasy IV * Final Fantasy V * Final Fantasy VI * Final Fantasy VII * Final Fantasy VIII * Final Fantasy IX * Final Fantasy X * Final Fantasy XI * Final Fantasy XII

Monday, September 3, 2007

The Crystals Shine On... (Day 3)



Finally some time to write about the game, instead of playing it. So I have made progress again. Today I defeated Kraken and Tiamont, landing me at the "End Game" of Final Fantasy I, because as you all know, all that remains is Chaos. I won't save readers with "spoiler alerts" or things of that sort because, come on, this game is like 20 years old.

So I have to add some more notable upgrades in the GBA version. There are now cut-scenes. Hurray! Plus they are not long enough to bother the game. Do you guys remember a time when you played a videogame and you had to use some imagination to picture the scenes? Remember when there wasn't CGI and FMV's? Ahh the good old days.

This really seems like a breeze, and for some reason I can't help but see that some level 8 spells are missing. I only got Flare and Full-Life, but I remember spells like "Harm 4", "Zap", and "Rub". Seeing old monsters on the screen are cool. Some notable creatures are the Ochu, which becomes Marlboro in the later series, and the Evil Eye, which returns as the Floating Eye.

An interesting array of swords came up for my Warrior / Knight, so I decided to give you my equipment evolution:
Mithril Sword -> Flame Brand -> Ice Brand -> Defender -> Sun Sword -> Excalibur.

The Katana also became Sasuke's Blade. Who the hell is Sasuke? My last thought for today is, why is everything so easy?! I'm scared, my team isn't battle-tested, and with all these paper-cutout bosses, this game will probably finish in the next two days. Or maybe I'm JUST THAT GOOD.

6. Gaia and Onrac - defeated Kraken (Lv. 46)
7. Lufenia - defeated Tiamont (Lv. 55)
8. Received Excalibur and Sasuke's Blade, defeated all four fiends.

  • Game Time: 11 hrs 50 mins
  • Total Time: 11 hrs 50 mins
  • Days: 3 of 80

Now if I can only find a way to port screen shots out from the NDS or take better pictures.

No comments: